Followers

Living Room in Apartment in Bogota

Living Room in Apartment in Bogota
Custom Hardwood Floors

My Blog List

  • Christmas in Bogota - December is so close. Colombia goes all out for the Christmas festivities. Lots of lighs and lots of noise. I found that allot of Colombians had fires g...
    11 years ago

BOGOTA, COLOMBIA APARTMENT RENTALS

The government of Colombia and Bogota in particular are making illegal for ordinary citizens to rent their apartments or rooms in their house short time. The reason for this is that hotels are complaining that they are losing money.

The main reason hotels in bogota, colombia are losing money is that they charge way too much for their lodgings. Because of this travelers have looked elsewhere for accommodation. Private owners to rent to travelers short time stand to lose allot of money because of this new law.

Backpackers who love traveling and cheap accommodation will be the hardest hit. Just how the Colombian government will enforce this new law in another story. It's a wait and see game with many people now engaged in the tourist industry.

You can still find a luxury accommodation for very affordable prices at apartment rentals Bogota, Colombia.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Returning to Bogota, Colombia

I left the Philippines in February for Las Vegas to try my luck with Holdem Poker. I was there for a week and then returned to Bogota, Colombia. Of course I stayed in Martha's apartment. She has added one more apartment for rent in Bogota, Colombia. I rented a room in one of her apartments. You would think that Hotels in Bogota, Colombia would be renting their rooms cheaper given that there is worldwide recession. Unfortunately that is not the case. Hotels and hotel rooms in Bogota, Colombia continue to so expensive they are out of my reach. Yes you can find cheap hotel rooms in Bogota but don't expect wifi, micro wave over, fridge or stove etc.

I just wanted a decent vacation rental in Bogota, Colombia and I did not want a Bed and Breakfast or to live in a Guest House in Bogota, Colombia. Have any of you ever lived in a Guest House. This can be great experience but it can also be hell! For example, I lived in a Guest House recently in Colombia. The manager of the guest house would run after me and turn out the lights. Every night around 9 o'clock he would make sure all the lights were turned out. I don't know about the rest of you but I hate coming home to a place that is in darkness. I found it very uninviting.

On many occasions I felt like I was imposing on this person's life. That's why I like renting from Martha. I can come home whenever I like and I can leave a light on when I leave. I don't have someone watching over my shoulder all time or running around behind me turning off lights and such. And, no I always try and turn off lights to save energy. To make matters worse after 9 pm you were told to keep the noise down as his wife had to work at 7 am and would be up at 6 am. She needed her sleep so you had to whisper and not talk loud our play any music whatsoever. And every time I rent from Martha I have her rooms so clean. Bedding is so clean and I sure to like that.

Anyway I regress. Bogota, Colombia is still teaming with activity and it looks like real estate continues to boom. Some visitors to Bogota say that the people of Bogota, Colombia are cold just like it's inhabitants. I have never found that to be true. Yes it can get cold there but I have always found people from Bogota warm and kind. I usually stay in Bogota at least for a few weeks before traveling around Colombia. This time around I stayed in Medellin and Cali. The weather in Medellin is close to perfect. The weather in Cali can get quite hot but for the most it is really nice.

More later on Cali and Medellin.

After living in Cali for close to 4 months I traveled to Bogota. Stayed at the place I always stay click here for details.  I left Bogota for Canada for 6 weeks returned to the Philippines and now live in a place called Dumaguete City.

Image via Flickr

Image via Flickr

No comments: